Walls are similar to the fence, they don't allow mobs or players to jump over it. The model of the wall is different from the fence though. The normal walls in the game are cobblestone and mossy cobblestone. Walls are mainly for decoration, somewhat like fences are, but just like fences, they can be used to keep mobs in or out of something. Just like fences, skeletons can shoot over walls, creepers can explode if the player is close enough and spiders can climb over them.
Some of the walls where made up by MCE, including the wooden ones, but the snow, coal, stone brick, quartz, brick and nether brick walls were made up by Tic.
|1.7||Added stone wall.|
|Added sandstone wall.|
|Added obsidian wall.|
|1.9||All walls can connect to each other, and to fences.|
|2.0||15w11a||Added cement, stone brick, brick, nether brick, quartz, coal, snow and wooden walls.|
|Torches can be placed on top of walls.|
|Changed nether brick fence recipe.|
|15w22a||Added acacia and dark oak wooden walls.|
|15w49a||All custom walls now need to be crafted with their wall parts.|
|Added cement brick wall.|
|16w08a||Added gelid wooden wall.|
Beta 1.7 - Beta 1.9.1:
Cannot place torches on top of walls.
- The first wall (stone) was added to see what it would look like.
- After the first sight of the stone wall, MCE decided to keep it in.
- Then, MCE thought of other walls to put in and then sandstone and obsidian was added.
- The update of Beta 1.7 was code-named "The Walls Update" because the most interesting thing was the mod adding walls.
- The different walls use the same hardness as the material it's made of. So, you need a diamond pick to mine the obsidian wall.
- Mining a stone wall will not give you a cobblestone wall.
- Wooden walls are crafted using wooden wall parts.